20 ago 2011

My Review of 30 Minutes Or Less

So yeah, I've been blogging for almost two years now (I think) and I must say that it is one of the few things I'm truly passionate about. I love how I can share my opinion on the web and have people that are interested in the same things as me, discuss and talk about them.

But over my time in the blogsphere I've never really owned a site where I would post my thoughts on everything that surrounded me, rather I've spent my time talking about one subject in particular, first it was my opinion on football, then basketball and later on I started writing about Hip-Hop.

Well, with Mind Runoff, I intend to talk about all that, plus shit that happens on around in my life. Definitely sounds like some boss shit. I know.

With my first post, I'll review 30 Minutes or Less hopefully you'll enjoy it and come back for more.

The movie's main plot --I don't want to ruin your experience so I won't get into full details--is about a pizza delivery-guy (Jesse Eisenberg) who is kidnapped by two crazy motherfuckers (Danny McBride & Nick Swardson) that strap a bomb on him and force him to rob a bank, which he does with help of his best friend (Aziz Ansari).



I came into the theater with great expectations, since Eisenberg and director Ruben Fleischer created a great movie in Zombieland, but sadly they weren't met. Although they had a superb cast, a lot of the jokes failed to make me laugh and I didn't really care about the characters since the barely made you feel like they could exist in real life.

Another issue I had with the film, was that they they tried to fit as many sub-plots as possible without giving the proper depth to all of them. Making you to not really care about what would happen next.

With that being said, I did enjoy watching the movie --thanks primarly to Jay-Z and Kanye West's new BFF, Aziz--and would go see it again in the right situation.

Rating: 6 out of 10

It had it's moments, nevertheless, the lack of priority on the main plot makes this movie unable to reach it's potential and makes this a fail attempt by everyone in it.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario